Sunday 14 October 2012

Back with the girlies!

hello everyone, welcome back to the blog!

I arrived back in Bangkok on friday night after an 11 hour flight. Flight was good and i managed to get quite a bit of sleep, after some red wine.

I got a taxi to the volunteer's house, seeing one of my friends Nicola on route, so she came back to the house too. I unpacked almost my entire rucksack downstairs as it mainly contained stuff for the kids and chocolate for the volunteers! Then we all went down to major to get pad thai, from pad thai man. Jules only came back last week after her summer at home; he seemed excited to see us!

After sleeping for 13 hours it was time to do my first trip with 3 girls from the girl's home, with Jules and Lizzie. I was so excited cycling to the home and the girls obviously were too, as i nearly got knocked off my bike with them running up to me shouting "Pi-Gemma!!!" It was so so lovely.  Then we took the girls back to our house to change them out of their ward clothes. Next we cycled to major where the hysterical laughter continued, the girls were so excited about the trip! We took a bus to the soft play and met up with Ruth and Neung. Soft play was a bit busy so we went for ice-cream first. Then we hit the soft play!! The girls loved it!! They must have gone down the slides about 50 times!! After this it was time to go back so we went back to change at our house. The girls became quite subdued as they realised it they had to go back to the home. It's really hard taking them back.







On returning to the girl's home some of the girls from the other wards were waiting for their dinner so it meant we could see them too which was lovely. So after quite a few more minutes of cuddles we went home.

Saturday evening I went for dinner with Ruth, Neung and Nicola and then Jules met us later on. Today me and Lizzie cycled to church at the ex-pat community and then me and Jules went swimming afterwards in the lovely outdoor pool. After a cuppa at Ruth's on route home, I went for a very sweaty run followed by dinner from satay lady.

Tomorrow is my first day at the girl's home, so i'm very excited! It doesn't really feel like i've been away!! It's all back to normal here, i'm sweating and today i've had 3 showers!

After work tomorrow we're taking 3 girls swimming and then for dinner afterwards, so I'll update as i'm able!



No comments:

Post a Comment